DragonSnail's Lair DragonSnail Comics The Flowergirl Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
The Mighty DragonSnail

Registration Date: February 2003
  The FlowergirlPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DragonSnail Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Before I started out full-time with art, I was a gardener. No, really, it's true! Well, maybe not really a
gardener - I worked for a company that rented and tended big pot-plants in offices and shop-centers
all over Stockholm, driving around in my car full with dirt-sacks, pitchers and plants, walking around
as a lone little flower-fairy, spreading joy and sunshine... blah-blah.

Okay, it wasn't all that glorious, but you get the point. Thing is, it was a pretty lonely job, and you
had a lot of time to think about... other stuff. No one to interrupt your thoughts, since plants are
pretty silent. In the end, I'm sure I became just a little bit peculiar. Can you blame me for trying
to have a bit of extra fun at work every now and then?

Every spring, the company would sell out left-over plants and pots to their customers, as a
special fun-event. Not sure exactly who it was supposed to be fun for though, since the staff
was always left exhausted and bereft of both speech and movement after the intense hours,
when people where fighting with themselves and each other over who would get this or that
item. As the traumatic experience finally ended, however, the staff was allowed to take home
whatever was left...

As you can see, we did have a lot of fun too...

07.11.2008, 19:14 DragonSnail is offline   Profile for DragonSnail Add DragonSnail to your buddy list Send an Email to DragonSnail
DragonSnail
The Mighty DragonSnail

Registration Date: February 2003
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DragonSnail Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Working with plants was generally a quite peaceful job, since flowers - as you probably know - tend to
be quiet and consenting creatures. However, sometimes they are too consenting for their own good,
and we humans have to help them on the way to... better communication.

Yeah, I wasn't a nice girl even back then. I blame society.

When I had worked in the business a year or so, the leadership came with the idea of getting us
new working clothes, so we looked more neat, well-tended and didn't stick out so badly in the classy
office environments we usually frequented. We were encouraged to come with our own suggestions
for the new uniform, but I'm afraid my contribution was way over the edge for what anyone would
consider as reasonable. Not sure why... I think it's pretty charming, no?

Okay, maybe work wasn't all that lonely as I'm making it out to be, cause sometimes the customers
would actually talk to me - usually to let me know that one of my charges looked a little ill (it was
hanging, dry as paper and completely brown), that there was a flood in the kitchen (I had started
filling my pitcher and gone off to look at something a bit more interesting), or wanted me to come
and look at how nicely they had arranged my plants (around a set of stuffed arm-chairs in a pitch-
dark room so no one would actually have to realize that the plants were, in fact, dying from lack of
light). Or other equally entertaining events.

Yep, those where the days. One can wonder why on earth I would leave such an amusing job to go
and become a starving artist...

07.11.2008, 19:58 DragonSnail is offline   Profile for DragonSnail Add DragonSnail to your buddy list Send an Email to DragonSnail
Renswind

Registration Date: November 2003
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Renswind Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

really funny i want more

23.11.2008, 13:43 Renswind is offline   Profile for Renswind Add Renswind to your buddy list Send an Email to Renswind
Blackbast
Conqueror

Registration Date: February 2004
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Blackbast Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LOL! How old are these sketches? Funny comics though, gave me a laugh!

Remember, there is something magical in all of us...somewhere!

13.12.2008, 04:16 Blackbast is offline   Profile for Blackbast Add Blackbast to your buddy list Send an Email to Blackbast YIM Screenname: black_leopard359
Nasorin

Registration Date: February 2009
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nasorin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*Laughs* Seems like it might make some people uncomfortable if you're driving a car full of fertilizer around...

Zitat:
all over Stockholm, driving around in my car full with dirt-sacks

08.04.2009, 17:10 Nasorin is offline   Profile for Nasorin Add Nasorin to your buddy list Send an Email to Nasorin
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

EverQuest and all associated properties are the Copyright of Sony Online Entertainment.